This year Charlotteville Brewing Company is adding traditional Neapolitan woodfired pizza to our farm-to-table menu and require a pizza maker/pizzaiolo to join our growing team to accomplish this next step in our evolution.
About the role:
The candidate for this position must have a passion for cooking in general, but specifically a love for pizza making. They would be expected to learn about our brand and products to ensure our guests experience something both delicious and memorable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare pizza dough, sauces, and toppings in accordance with authentic Italian recipes
- Stretch fresh dough and cook pizza in a wood-fired oven
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized kitchen environment
- Ensure health regulations are being observed at all times and identify possible areas of concern
- Maintain inventory system monitoring product usage and stock levels
- Ordering food and related supplies
- Communication skills and a commitment to a supportive and positive work environment
- Complete other duties and projects, as assigned by the Manager/Owner
- Assists sales associates if needed and engage with guests interested in learning about pizza production
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-year experience in the food industry (required)
- 1-year experience as a pizzaiolo (minimum)
- Food Handling Certificate (required)
- Knowledge of traditional Neapolitan pizza dough preparation and cooking techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of craft beer would be an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (25kg)
- Ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to work with a wood burning oven and commercial spiral mixer
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work courteously and professionally with others
- Proactive, self-reliant, motivated, professional and responsible
Hours & Compensation:
- 35-40 hours per week
- Days, evenings, and weekends
- We offer a living wage and co-pay benefits after a 90-day probation period.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Charlotteville Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to offering an inclusive environment to all employees. We ‘re also committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.